- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid series event
April 19, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+0
WHY MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders. This 8-hour training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use problem and help connect them to appropriate care.
WHAT IT COVERS
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- How to administer naloxone in the event of an opioid overdose
THE COURSE WILL TEACH YOU HOW:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Faith leaders
- Community members
- First responders and medical staff
- Caring and interested residents
COUNTY PARTNERS AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Invest Hamilton County
- Hamilton County Community Foundation
- OneZone Chamber of Commerce – Register via the chamber here.
- Noblesville Chamber of Commerce – Register via the chamber here.
- Westfield Chamber of Commerce – Register via the chamber here.